Thursday 21 May 2009

Well the RE has gone......


Took the Enfield out for a last run last night, it was lovely and sunny and, once it started, it ran well. Went round my "loop" out to Thruxton, round to Appleshaw, and, instead of coming back, I ended up extending the ride out to Chutes as well. Bit worried at one point that if I stopped it would not start again and I would be stuck out in the countryside, with Julie at gym in Amesbury and Dan at Army Cadets in Andover!

Brought the bike back, took some last pic's, got the Yamaha out, and went to get Dan! When I arrived another parent came over and told me all about his biking experience with his big Honda something, and how he had been knocked off and taken to hospital with two broken rib's. Nice.


So this morning Kevin came and took the Enfield away, for the sum of 731.00 pounds. Since it cost 600.00 and I had added 100.00 pounds of rack and crashbars, and probably another 50 pounds worth of bit's, that's not a bad result. Bet I don't get the same result on the Yamaha!

After he took it I got the Yamaha out and came in to work. Just been chatting to Doug about it and he was telling me about fuel problems with his Triumph.

Meanwhile life goes on.....

No comments: