Monday 18 May 2009

Back from Sweden...



Last week (Wed-Fri) I went to a Broadcast exhibition in Sweden, just outside Stockholm, to support our dealer, JMG. It was quite a nice visit, exhibition was quiet from our point of view, they all are at the moment. Had a nice meal out with JMG on Thursday night at "Sjopaviljongen", an old looking building built out over the sea which turned out to be only 15 years old!

Trip home was naff, BA had a plane problem and sent a smaller plane to Stockholm, so me and several other passengers were sent off via Olso (Norway) to get a different BA plane home. Got home about three hours late, did not get up in time to do radio, and spent the rest of the weekend tinkering with the Enfield.

Talking of which, it is on Ebay right now, bid up to 410.00 pounds, with a day and a bit to go. Hope it goes up and over the minimum I want for it. Won't tell you how much in case you are reading this blog and bidding on the bike!

Sunday went out on both the Enfield and the Yamaha. I reckon the Yamaha's rear brake is dragging, it was hot to the touch after my ride, and it is very hard to push around. I know that it is big and heavy, but I can hardly move it! Bought a Haynes manual on Ebay, probably need a caliper refurb kit next. Hopefully the RE will sell and I can put the money back into the savings!

The BMW pictured is very similar to the one that I just saw a lad riding around town. On the way back to work he was coming towards me, and he turned right on the mini-roundabout without indicating. I had stopped, but he gave me a V sign anyway. What an idiot. Hope he survives and doesn't wreck the bike!

My next blog should be celebrating the sale of the Enfield, fingers crossed!

No comments: