Wednesday 20 May 2009

RE Sold to highest bidder.....

Well I have sold the RE on Ebay, after nearly exactly a years worth of ownership. It is going to a nice guy in Swindon, who has has Bullet's before, bought a Honda, and now wants to go back to the Bullet. Plan is to collect it Thursday morning at 8am. Fingers crossed it will all go well.

I am sure I will miss it, it has been a love/hate relationship, with more tinkering and polishing than riding. Killer is the my local RE owners club are now becoming active and going out on rides every month, and they have published a list of events to attend. And now I don't have a RE, or even any classic bike, unless you include my black beast of a Yamaha as a classic!

>

Lot's of lovely Tenere photo's on Ebay and the internet in general, so lot's of ideas bubbling around to spend money on mine! Options include:

All new plastics, thru Ebay, would be expensive
Repaint what I have
Leave it as it is!

It really needs lowering (50.00 pounds) and the rear brake is nearly on all the time. Also concerned that the rear tyre is near the end of it's life. Bought a really clean Haynes manual on Ebay for it, which will be useful, I am sure.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

No comments: