Sunday 10 May 2009

Enfield passes MOT!


Well I took the Enfield in to work on Friday, and it passed it's MOT! It was kinda strange. the tester pushed it into his garage, I waited in reception, and half an hour later it was done. I did not hear it start, receptionist said it was probably too noisy in the garage to hear, but I am sure I would have done. Who cares, I now have over a years MOT to sell it with.

Apart from the usual starting problems I quite enjoyed the ride home that night. Bike is now on Ebay, and somebody has bid 100.00 pounds, with eight other watchers! Somehow I managed to list it as a 1993 Royal Enfield Maroon, missing off the 500 Bullet bit, but I cannot change it now. With a 10 day listing I shall just have to hope I make some money, to put back into our savings!

Took the Yamaha over to Tidworth to a small Summer Fair Baz was doing with the RRRR. Got there just in time to give him half an hour to get a few interviews and a photo or two, helped pack up and then put the trailer away. We (Dan and I) will be doing B&Z on Tuesday. On the way back I rode around for a few minutes then decided to "green lane" the Yamaha. Wrong decision! Within minutes I had got stuck in a rut in the grass and took a low speed tumble into a barbed wired fence!



Luckily I was wearing my proper bike jacket (which I don't think I damaged) but I was only wearing jogging trousers and heavy trainer/boots. I hit the kill switch, and managed to get out from under the bike, tried to pull it up but it was too heavy, so I had to lift it instead, if you know what I mean. I had bent the footbrake lever and scratched the guard a bit, but it started OK. Problem was, I could not turn it in the lane (too rutted), so I had to carry on!

I got through OK, and ended up coming out on Crawlboy's Lane. Lesson learnt I hope, DON'T TAKE THE YAMAHA OFF ROAD! I love the way that it pulls through the gears on the road, but it is far too heavy and tall for an off-roader. My opposite neighbour has suggested we go out on Salisbury Plain together, he has a Kawasaki KLE500 (I think), if we do it will be on roads and tracks, no rutted green lanes! When I got home I tidied the garage a bit and put both bikes away.



May get to work/tinker on the bike(s) today, but yesterday I started sorting out the edge of the allotment, which needs completing, and there is a lot of stuff to dump, so may have to get the trailer out. Monday plan to take the home PC in (by car, obviously!) to get what we can off it before it is wiped and start again, Monday night Dan wants to try Army Air Cadets, Tuesday is B&Z, Wednesday I am off to Sweden to a trade show in support of JMG, our dealer out there.

By for now.....

No comments: