Thursday 7 May 2009

Playing catch-up yet again!

I seem to be forever playing catchup with this Blog, I want to do it, but time is really short at the moment. So I am going to write some bullet (pun not intended!) points before I forget!

Last time I wrote about Wyke Down and B&Z, well that Friday (17th April) we (boss Barry and I) flew off to Las Vegas to man the stand at NAB show 2009. This show is huge, or should I say was, it shrunk a bit this year with less visitors and exhibitors. It made the show quite relaxed, and we generally enjoyed ourselves, having an easy build-up and break-down, and staying at the Hilton, which was just next door. We did have a problem getting to Gatwick when the taxi broke down, in the rain on the M25, once the idiot taxi driver called us another taxi we got there OK, and all the other passengers had already checked in! It was deserted!



Moving on I got back in the early afternoon on Saturday 25th April and the rest of that weekend is a bit of a blur! Monday I took the Focus in for MOT, and it only went and passed, with a record two and a bit pages warnings, mostly to do with rust! So I decided to tax it again for a year and just keep using it.

Later that week (Friday 1st) we went to The Hungry Horse (Magic Roundabout) pub in Andover for a family meal for Tashies 21st, and it was OK. Her friend Cath had come from Norwich for the weekend, and on Saturday she went out to Bournemouth with her mates in a streched limo. She got it at 5am, just as I got up to go and do the 26 mile Sarsen trail!



Yes, Dan and I rather foolishly (it turns out) decided to walk the Sarsen Trail in aid of Wiltshire Wildlife. We started at Avebury, at 7.20am (after getting a coach from Stonehenge at 6.30am) and walked until about 11am, when we got to "halfway" on top of Redhorn Hill. We had lunch, and set off again. That was the easy bit! Problem is, Redhorn is not really half way, and when Dan started to see the 15 miles to go sign's etc, he got a bit down, and dragged his feet and wanted to stop all the time.



We had to keep going, the wind got up in our faces, and the going was hard on gravel and chalk military roads. We made it to the last stop at Bustard, had a break, and pushed on the last couple of miles until we finally got to the end. It was a slog, my feet got blistered, my legs hurt like hell, but we made it in 9 and a half hour's. Then I had a drink, took the photo of us and our medal's, went to get some food and fainted!

To Be Continued.....

No comments: