Tuesday 26 May 2009

Great Bank Holiday weekend...


Just had a great long weekend (Sat-Mon) which actually included some good weather for a change! Friday night I bought a new petrol mower (the old one had been given to me as non-working, been using it for at least two years!) and a petrol strimmer, from Homebase. Dan and I built them both up when we got home, and tried them out. The mower is a bit flimsy, the strimmer works well.

Plan was to bash away at the allotment on Saturday, to knock down the tall grass and weeds with the strimmer, mow the grass, and to keep on recovering the sides. We also did some sitting in chairs and eating in the sun! Because Sunday was supposedly the "best" day we went to Mudiford (me, Julie, Margaret snr, dan and his mate Ross, all jammed in the Focus), and sat on the beach. Unfortunately it was quite chilly, with a cold breeze. Would have been better off staying inland

Monday it rained at first then got a lot warmer, we did a bit more allotment digging, and then, in the afternoon, Julie and I went to two garden that were open for charity in Boscombe, on the way to Salisbury. First one was nice, second one even better! Julie bought some plants and we came home, had tea, and I took Dan to Army Cadet's by motorbike.
Today (Tuesday) it rained heavily at first (so I came to work by car) but now it's OK but windy.

That's all folks!

No comments: