Monday 18 August 2008

"New Boots" for biking....



Bought myself some new boots for the motorcycle, only they are old....described as "Ashman Vintage Motorcycle Boots size 9", they suit the Enfield down to the ground. Wore them yesterday at Popham Airfield Bike Meet and mega-jumble, quite comfy and they work on the bike just right, not too thick sole, easy to change gear. Probably not waterproof, but should do me fine...

News from the hospital, as of Monday am Scott's still in Salisbury. He broke his arm (vertically), fractured it somewhere else and broke four toe's. The thought of it nearly made me give up the bike completely!

Popham was a brilliant day out, the show looked huge from the brow of the hill when we arrived, but turned out to be manageable. Dan came on the back of the bike and Julie took the car. Dan saw a Yamaha 125 road bike he wanted for £2995.00, but he has to be seventeen. Roy came with his Velocette in his trailer and Doug went as well, on his Velocette, but I never saw him. My bike was the oldest Indian manufactured Bullet that I could see, there were several new ones (04-07 reg), all shiny, including 5 speed and lean burn, and I think I found a couple of original Bullets. Also a number of twin cylinder Enfield's which were made using the same Bullet chassis.