Friday 15 August 2008

Bad days (or whatever Dan is saying after his hol's)

Bad news, Tashies boyfriend Scott fell off his motorbike last night, breaking his arm and maybe his leg. We had a call from his mum about 11pm, as we were going to bed, and Julie took Tash to the hospital (Salisbury). Not sure what happened yet, except there were no other vehicles involved, and his pillion passenger (a work mate) was okay, with just scrapes and bruises.

"UPDATE: Scott broke his arm and his ankle. He came out of work, overtook a car and skidded on some gravel. Will be collecting the bike Saturday morning".

Scott bought his bike (some sort of 650 Suzuki I think, big twin cylinder V thing, never really got the hang of the actual type) to replace his car to save money, so he had to use it everywhere in all sorts of weather. He had full leathers etc, so hopefully that may have helped.

So I have left my bike in the garage out of respect, and until we have talked about it. Shame really, nice sunny day, and my boots arrived yesterday, so I could have tried them. Have to decide now if using my bike is fair on the rest of the family (and myself). It was originally bought "out of the blue" from a work colleague because I liked it, and to save a bit of petrol money. It does nearly 70mpg, double what the car probably does. But is it worth it?

Anyway, that's the bad news....decisions to be made.....at least he is more or less in one piece.

Before all this happened Dan and I sat and watched the "Directors Cut" of Blade Runner on DVD in surround. The Vangellis music was great. Had forgotten how violent it was in a few places. Brilliant film, will watch the "making of" etc. documentary at some point.



That's all folks....

No comments: