Wednesday 14 January 2009

Well the Mondeo's gone.....







...finally, having sold it last Wednesday, the guy turned up in a BMW with an A frame and towed it away, to either become a taxi if it's fixed or a donor car for other taxi's if it's BER (beyond economic repair). Julie shed a tear or three, I was at work. We first got the Mondeo in August 2002, for 5K, and it has been a very good car, apart from electrical problems with locks. I can only blame myself for not getting the cambelt tensioner and belt changed, otherwise it would still be with us.

I said to the wife what we need now is reliability out of the MG ZR, fingers crossed. It has a bit of a history what with it's replacement engine, and it was not that fast or economical when we went to Kew, but, we hope to settle into life with an MG. Question is, do I now spend out on the Focus so that one does not crunch it's valves!

The blue car is a picture from a hotel I stayed in when I was in Paris, the place used to be a car factory. Had lot's of these pic's on the wall.

Work's awful at the moment, all around people are loosing jobs in manufacturing and service industries and our order book is tiny, it's as if everyone has just stopped buying. I have to ring around and try and see people that don't want to buy and so on. Ho Hum. All I can think about is falling out of work myself, which would be a disaster. Great start to the year of anniversaries that is!

Must go, maybe more later....

No comments: