Sunday 4 January 2009

Back to the Enfield via daughters KA!




Picking up on Saturday, my daughter texted me whilst I was on the radio to say her car (the KA) had played her up on the way home the night before. When I got home I drove it 200yds from the layby to our front drive, and it was a bit lumpy. Thought I would check the plugs. Three came out but one sheared off (broke in half)!. Great, just my luck. Went to ask Lillywhites what to do, we are going to tow it down there and they will try and weld a bolt to it to get the other half of the plug out. Let's hope they manage, otherwise it's another wrecked engine, and I've already got one of those!

Then I spent what felt like hours pumping the petrol out of the Mondeo, had to get a hand pump to do it, and pump it from under the rear seat, after taking the petrol pump out. Put most of it in the Focus and some in the MG. Julie took her mum to Andover in the MG, no prob's.

Also took the outside Christmas lights down, and a few other bits and pieces.

Sunday put away more Christmas stuff, cleaned out the garage, had roast dinner, and went cycling with Dan for 40 minutes. Then had a go at the Enfield timing, with the TDC tool. Think I made a mess of it, the top bolt on the timimg disk has lost it's thread. Started and ran it in the garage, moved the timimg around a bit. I think I have low compression and may need to strip the head etc. I can turn it over without decompressing it.

Monday and it has snowed a bit, not too much, off to work soon. Noticed the heating is not working, had to go and increase the water pressure (it was zero). Then had to go out again and reset the boiler trip! The water pressure thing is a regular problem. More money! And I really ought to get new glasses.....

Found this on my US Enfield forum, posted by 72westie, well worth a look:

"Just found this video online from the Barber Vintage Festival this past October. This is from the Bears/Classic 60's race. The Bears class started before us, but I ended up passing the guy with the camera at the 1:35 mark. I have the triangular tailsection. I lead the guy until the end of the clip when he passes me back".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3LmJ3jhVc4&feature=PlayList&p=E465C0BD2AA2A20B&index=3

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum

Cannot work out why my posted links do not work as hyperlinks, will have to look into that.

Bye for now......

No comments: