Monday 27 October 2008

I'm back....after a week away....



Been away for a week in Dubai at a trade show, sounds great but basically all I saw was airport-hotel-exhibition-hotel-airport. Anyway, came back Friday and spent the weekend recovering.

Sunday finally got round to looking at the bike, and decided to change the oil. Found all the drain plugs, and removed the filter, made a right mess (my draining tray sprung a leak!), but it worked out OK in the end. Put in 1.5 ltrs of 20w/50, cheap stuff, will change it again in a few miles. Also put in a new filter.

Since it had been standing for a week I had trickle charged the battery, and it showed full charge. I took the plug out and cleaned it, and checked for a spark, which was small but OK, I guess. Checked fuel to carb, OK. Tried to start and it took a while. Took the plug out again and could not smell any fuel. Kept trying and eventually it started.

So I took a quick ride around the block, and put it away for the night. Brought it in this morning, although it was cold. Started after half a dozen kicks, not too bad, could be better, ran well all the way in. Would like to find out why it is a poor starter....

Yesterday I found a couple of links to people that had made trips on Bullets, worth reading if you have time:

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/gregfrazier/news/2001-03-20.shtml

http://the-enfield-strikes-back.blogspot.com/

Half term this week, so Dan's at home, nothing to do. Julies trying to rest, Tash is looking forward to her holidays!

That's all for now...

No comments: