Monday 6 October 2008

Been busy on the bike tonite....but it's not running.....!!






Some really "greasy" pics tonite, actually been doing something to the bike for a change! Rewinding a bit.......Saturday we all went to Salisbury, OK in the morning but wet in the afternoon. Dan went to a party and stayed overnight, so Julie and I just wandered around...sold Dan's old 24" mountain bike via Andover Advertiser when we got back...spoke to mum and Helen on Sunday, planning a trip to Essex next weekend to see them all (although mum wont be over until Christmas, will see Chris and Tracey, Helen and family). Heard that Chris has bought a Sony Alpha 200 DSLR, will hopefully see it Sunday (most of my pic's are taken with my Nikon D40 DSLR or my 2 MP Nokia camera phone. Bet you can't tell the difference!).

This morning I was going to take the bike but realised the battery was flat before I tried to kick it. I think I had left the ignition on (the key falls out, so I take it out! Needs a new switch). Put it on charge...but tonite it was still flat, is it the charger or is it the battery? Will try charging at work tomorrow.

On the way home went to Bourne Valley Bikes and bought some Buffalo trousers with CE armour etc etc to go with my jacket and two Tuzo necktubes to keep my neck warm. Tried it all on when I got home and got very hot and sweaty! My new centre stand (14.95), foot rest rubbers (3.50) and kick start and gear change rubbers (1.75, all plus post) had arrived from India, via Ashwin Royal Enfield Spares, on Ebay. I had bought them on the 26th Oct, paid on the 28th, and the arrived today, on the 6th Nov. Not bad. Fitted everything except one spring on the centre stand. Used Fairy Liquid to help fit the rubbers, took the footrests off and the kick start, which was the hardest to fit (needed a bit of hammering!). The old gear change rubber has now replaced the split side stand rubber, since it was the same size. Looks nice now (simple things please simple minds).

Tomorrow is the REOC Wessex meet, but, looks like no bike again, unless I can charge it at work! Will let you know how I get on.....

No comments: