Monday 8 February 2010

Fairly quiet weekend....




Bit of a quiet weekend, really, Saturday Julie and I tidied up the borders in the garden and in the afternoon we went to Andover on the motorbike! Julie was very brave, she does have trouble getting on and off! I've forgotten what I did Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon I went out on the S10 and got it muddy up over Salisbury Plain, having a bit of off-road practice in case our road run's in Wales with the forum get a bit rough.

Been reading the "Road to Gobblers Knob", by Geoff Hill, which is the story of his ride on the Pan-American highway. So far it's been amusing but not great, got to the bit this morning where he fell off at 60 mph when he entered a bend to fast. He managed to wreck the front of the bike (a Triumph Tiger) and loose a heck of a lot of skin from various places, but luckily he was wearing a helmet and jacket. The books not as good as the Ted Simon one's that I read last year/this year, but I will finish it.

Building up to both BVE and CABSAT shows at work, so lot's to do. Day trip to London on Tuesday, prospecting.

This picture is a lovely Triumph Tiger trail bike that's on Ebay, up around 500 quid already. It looks a super bike, although not road legal. Just what I want for a bit of gentle green-lane-riding. My S10 is far too big! maybe one day I will get something like it....




Anyway, must get back to work, more soon.....

No comments: