Monday 29 December 2008

Well that was Christmas 2008!




Where to start, I guess in date order would be best...

24th came and went, I was at work until about 2.30pm, then we went to Tidworth last minute shopping. Julie went to see MP (a friend) and then we went to the pub (incl. Dan). Most unusual! Got to bed about 1am.

Christmas Day was great, it get's slower every day! Motorbike related stuff that I received included the crash bars, rear rack, "The Classic Motorcycle Diaries" by Paul Grace (read four chapters so far, very good), and "The Long Way Up", which is Paul's DVD of the Himalayan trip by Enfield. I also got both DVD and book of "By Any Means", Charlie Boorman's latest adventure. And my Aviator watch that I wanted from the wife.

Boxing Day I went to a classic car and bike gathering at Romsey, it was cold but great. Then we all went to Nan's for lunch. After lunch we walked out to see the MG ZR that we are thinking of buying, more about that later.

Saturday/Sunday passed in a blur, we had a look at the MG, discussed what to do with the Mondy, on Sunday we pushed it up the drive (Tash "drove", Dan and I shoved). Fitted the rear rack on Sunday. Did a bit of tidying etc.

Monday discussed what to do with Mondy, I had though of fixing it myself, when I read the manual and looked at the cost of part's and the fact that is still might not work I wavered. Rung the insurance company ref, the MG, not too bad (lump sum of 58 pounds for eight months plus installments as before (21.00). Went to MSC (garage), chap there reckons it would be worth a belt and tensioner for 150 quid to see how it run's, if it's rough change valves, at a 1000.00 pounds! So much for a cheap fix. So we rung Mark (owner of the MG) and had a test drive. It's not too bad, and Julie liked it.

Later I fitted the crash bars to the bike and went for a ride. As I got home the clock turned 37,000 miles. Then I moved Dan's X Box 360 to his bedroom, it's been on our TV in the lounge for 6 months. Now it's on his new 19" TV, and wired to the Internet. Now I am sitting here doing this blog, everybody else have gone to their rooms!


A developement as I blog! The guy with the car has just 'phoned and said he has someone who want's the car. I we want it we have to decide tonite and call him back!

Will blog soon with an update!

No comments: