Saturday 20 June 2009

Show Winning Bike!





No, not mine, while I was at the Shipton Bellinger Fete last weekend I saw these two nice trail bikes, one of which is a show winner!



The green one is a Rickman Matisse 250, and as you can see it won Bike of Show at the Classic Dirt Bike Show 2009.



It has a Bosch CDI ignition and Betor front and Ikon rear suspension, and is owned by Shipton Bellinger resident Peter Patrick, of Peter Patrick Motorsport.

Lovely!

Quick update on my bike, I cleaned off the worse of the two side panels that I bought for it on Ebay, stripped the adhesive sticker off with a heat gun (carefully!) and rubbed it down with my palm sander. It is now sprayed matt black (because I did not have any gloss black in the garage!) and nearly fitted, I ran out of time to sort out the stripped bolt that holds it on. I've also received and fitted the mirrors, but I am not sure I like them, they are round, black with chrome stems, they do not match as a pair and they are short! Will decide if I want to keep them or not ASAP.

Fathers Day today so off to Bursledon Brickworks, Dan's away on camp and Tash is out as usual.

No comments: