Friday 19 June 2009

Biking news....

Thought I ought to catch up with some biking news, I am using the Yamaha more now than the car, in Wednesday (it rained on me on the way home!), Thursday I took it up to meet Andy at Frimley, about 50 miles along the A303/M3. My first "journey" on the motorway. Being a big fan of "Long Way Round/Down etc" and other motorcycle journey type films and books, I have often wondered what it would be like to sit on a motorbike for hours on end!

The Yamaha did well on the motorway, held 70 easy with another 10+ to hand if I needed it. I still drive like a car driver, though! Bum only got a little numb, took under the hour to get there. The we drove up to Coventry in Andy's sport Jaguar convertible thingy, 410BHP!

Same journey back, again the Yamaha held 70 when needed. It was much windier, I think a better helmet and ear plugs would help, if I were going a long way in the future. Some fluttering noises and matbe popping sounds, not sure if it's the bike backfiring at speed or just noise! If I were two up with luggage would struggle, I am sure.

On the way in by bike today (lovely and sunny) I saw several other biker's, a sports bike, a GS (probably a smaller one), a learner chopper thing and a trail bike of some sort.

I have bought a couple of side panels for the battery side, need to fix up and spray one to put it on, also still need to do oil change, oil the chain, fix the brakes, fix the temp gauge sender and fan switch, fix the exhaust blah blah blah....

Must go now, work to do....

No comments: