Friday 23 September 2011

Ok....well here we go.......

Having written last time about the Honda, I have gone and sold it.....personally I blame Ebay. No but really any of you that have been reading this since way back will know I went back to bikes by buying a Enfield Bullet, well I have gone a bought another one, and the Honda had to go to make way for it. As usual I found and bought the Enfield before selling the Honda, but I was lucky. The pic below is the Enfield on Ebay.
Having bought/sold the bikes I had one busy weekend on the 2nd/3rd September when I went and collected a single motorbike trailer from Upavon and then went (with Dan) to Caerphilly in Wales to collect the Enfield from Lucas Bori, who turned out to be a very tall Polish motorcyclist. Lucas had bought it from a guy in Poole, Dorset, just some months before. I think he had quickly realised that the Enfield was too small for him, and he had bought a sports-bike instead. Loading the Bullet in Wales.
The bike was brought out of the shed, and he even started it. I thought it looked great, it looks older than it is (1992), all black and no chrome. After a cup of tea and a chat with Lucas and his wife Dan and I set off home, which was about 100 miles away. The bike on the trailer behaved just fine, and we got home without incident. After unloading the bike I hid the trailer in our unit at the business park, and went to bed. The pic shows all three bikes in the garage "for one night only".
Sunday it was time to take the Honda to it's new owner, who happened to live in Stockbridge, some 10 miles away. Only is was raining! Anyway, gear on, I took the bike with Julie following in the car off to it's new owner. Now his shed was full of Honda's and a Ducati Monster, very nice! The Honda just before passing it to it's new owner.
After delivering the bike Julie and I had a walk through Stockbridge and then lunch at the pub there, The White Hart Inn, which was very nice, then a walk along the River Test. When I got home I had a very brief look at the Enfield but then had to think about the pending trip to Amsterdam for IBC, which took me away for nine days. When I got back from Amsterdam I had a look at the Enfield, and tried to start it, which of course I could not do. I had charged the battery but it was prefty knackered, so I ordered a new one. I had started the Enfield by jumping it from the Yamaha battery. and I had gone up the road and back, but it was jerking when it ran and did not seem happy. But It was great riding it! The new battery arrived, after adding acid and fitting it last night, I tried to start it, and it's no better. Plan is to spend some time on it tomorrow (Saturday), Julie is going out for the day with her mum. Fingers crossed. I need to look at: Earthing, clean the carb, timing (although it has electronic ignition), fuel mixture, my technique. Once I can get it to start properly I can get it MOT'd and taxed and use it, although winter is drawing in, as they say. Meanwhile I had found out a lot more history, including the contact for the guy who sold it to Lucas. But more about that on the next blog. Here's a picture from the owner before Lucas, this is how he got it.

No comments: