Wednesday 30 December 2009

Back to Boxing Day...






Back a few days ago on Boxing Day I wanted to go to Romsey to see the cars/bikes, but my bike was not running (boo-hoo) so I cleaned out the rabbit, tidied the garage and decided to have a look at my Lister D engine, which is hibernating in the little "shed" that I made for it (a year or so ago?). Anyway, as you can see, it's looking nice and covered in oil, but the floor has collapsed in it's box so some work to do there. When I turned the flywheel it went round OK. Ran out of time to actually try and start it.

Bank Holiday Monday I tried to work on the bike again, got it to the point where it started but it ran rough. Then I worked on Julies MG which still looses water, tried to do the air pocket thing, dropped the little bolt, spent an hour looking for it until I took the air filter out and the battery and found it lodged up on the engine. Still, I fixed the battery mounting problem. Not fixed the engine problem though, no mayo in the engine, and it run's OK, just looses water, even on one Andover and back trip.

Talking of work had THE most boring day at work yesterday (Tuesday). Nothing happened! Took some pictures of the newest MIU for Andy, tried to tidy up but to be honest I was headachey all day and had a rough stomach. Took Dan to gym in the evening, his mate Ian has been away. Popped into the radio and loaded the rest of the Dansette Diamonds series.

Today (Wednesday) I think Julies going food shopping, may try and have another go at the bike, MOT is due later in January. Talked to Doug yesterday and he is going to lend me his carb balancing stuff.

What to do New Years Eve, Pub or boring TV? Will let you know what happens next time...

No comments: