Thursday 8 October 2009

Don't know why.....

...I haven't been updating my blog very much, I guess I have gone off the idea? There has certainly been a lot going on to talk about. Let's see if I can catch up....

Had a couple of bouts of bad headaches (migraine?) that ended up with me being sick, never had them before. Both times I have been really tired (post IBC and post Baz's 25th wedding anniversary party, when we got in after 2am). So I went to the doc's, then back for ECG and blood test, results tomorrow. Probably nothing wrong, but it is good to find out, I guess.

Been a bit of a roller-coaster on the radio front, since TDT went bust. The license and equipment went to the administrators, who were going to give it to us, then they wanted money for it, then some money was offered which turned out to be a loan, then a much smaller figure was offered which, as far as I know, has been accepted. The license will transfer to Castledown Radio Ltd, and the equipment will go to Wellington Academy, who will give it to us to do as we see fit.

So, I am chairman of the Castledown Radio Volunteers Group, and I have Mike Giles as the chairman of the fundraising committee, and Simon Davies as the chairman of the profile-raising committee. So far we have promised donations by the Tidworth Chamber of Commerce and the Tidworth Town Council, Ludgershall Town Council have been asked and are yet to reply, the fire service, police and Sarsen are all on-board.

November 4th is the anniversary of our FM launch and on November 7th we are going to do as much live radio as possible. And I am putting together a Remembrance Sunday programme for the 8th. Also planning a meeting for next Monday and looking at a funding bid to OFCOM. Meanwhile we have to write to OFCOM and prove that we deserve our FM license and that we will stick to our guiding principles. Not much, really!

Home's OK, we want to decorate and get new carpets and furniture, not sure where to start! Julie and Tash have painted some colour samples on the wall, need to lift the old marble floor slabs and sort the bumpy wall where the fire was. I have suggested that we get rid of the big glass cabinet so we can get started on the decorating. Once that's gone we will have to replace it!

Tash went to Cuba for a holiday with Dean, enjoyed herself as far as I know. She is I think finding it hard to settle down again, Dean has gone back to University, comes home everyday though. At the moment Tash is away Friday, Sat and Sun nights. Dan's at home, no job yet, army on hold, Argos interview this Friday, fingers crossed. Julies OK, off to NEC with her mum by coach on the 7-8th November, to a craft show.

Why the picture at the beginning of the blog? It's where I went lunchtime on my bike for a ride and a think, it's the cemetery in Longparish, a few miles from where I work, up over the Andover Downs. And very nice (and quiet!) it was as well. When I came to leave I managed to provoke the back wheel of the bike into a little slide, just a tweak. It's greasy with all the rain we have had and dead leaves and stuff, but at least it is sunny today, if a bit chilly.

So there you have it.


That will do for now, back soon.

No comments: