Thursday 30 July 2009

Super Tenere update...

Last Saturday Dan and I went to Calne for a huge bike meet, the whole town was just full of bikes, over 3,500 attended last year, and there must have been more this year. Photo's will be published at a later date.

When we got home I decided to change the oil and filter on the S10, something that I have not done before. You have to take the bottom engine cover off, then there is a drain plug, and then you take off the oil filter housing, which also has a drain plug. All went well, and I left it draining for a while, before re-fitting a new K&N oil filter, and filling up with 10/40 bike oil.

It took about 3 litres before it showed full, which is odd since the manual say's 3.9 ltrs after a oil and filter change. Then I decided to look at the instrument module that I bought to replace the faulty tacho. I decided to use the case of the "new" one, since bothe the mounting bolts were present, and the front of my one, since it is silver. So in the end I put my speedo in the replacemnet housing, built it all up again, and the tacho worked! Still need to fix temp gauge and fan switch.

Didn't use the bike that night, next morning checked the oil and it took another ltr! So not I need to buy some more. Used the bike a lot this week, including in my first real bit of rain on the way home from work one night. Didn't get too wet, boots leaked, but they are old and the velcro has gone.

Thinking of spraying the bike up, and getting some graphics, found a printer that will make Super Tenere logo on vinyl. May go for it soon.

That's all for now.

No comments: