Monday 17 November 2008

All things to do with sales and business on tv...

I've not mentioned this before on my blog's, but I will now....I have a fascination for any TV programme to do with sales/business/entrepreneurs etc etc. For example The Apprentice on BBC is a must when it's on(the first series was the best to learn from), the US version of The Apprentice, BBC's Dragon's Den, Peter Jones's attempt at the Apprentice (Tycoon, not that great), the recent Natural Born Sellers (moved to a late slot by ITV and therefore killed, a good, down to earth series, with a travesty of a winner), and now, The Last Millionaire on BBC3. Sounds like a lot of TV but when mixed with the hours of X this and Get Me Out of that a minimum amount of time really.

I guess I like to try and learn from all the show's how to sell, and I've read quite a few books over the years on sales techniques from all sorts of people (avoid Richard Branson's book Screw It, Let's Do It). And that's what I have been trying to do more of over the last few weeks (sell, not read books), hence the lack of blog's.

Bike's also been parked up, although not for the whole winter, I hope. No time this weekend for a ride, and I am off to Istanbul (for the first time) Wednesday, so unlikely to use it this week. Julie, Tash and Margaret Snr are off on a last minute holiday to the sun on Sunday, leaving me and Dan to fend for ourselves. Should be fun!

No comments: