Friday 29 April 2011

Well just look at the date!

Don't know what happened but I just stopped blogging, it feels like ages ago! Anyway, I'm back, with a new bike project!



It's a 1979 CB550 Supersport, or at least that's what it say's on the Ebay advert. Bid on it and lost it last Sunday, I went up to 655.00 and a mysterious other bidder won at 675.00. But then the winner did not want it (so the seller said) and contacted me, I went and saw it yesterday, made my original offer of 400.00, and it was accepted!



It's a bit rougher than it looks, with a high mileage, 60K engine, and a rusty frame. Hopefully I can do it as a running project. Why did I buy it, well partly as a reaction to the fact that I manoeuvred myself into not being able to go to the Super Tenere national meet, which is in Yorkshire this weekend, and partly because I still harbour this idea of attending classic bike shows, and the Super Tenere does not fit that mold.



I am saying at the moment that I will fix up this Honda (at least it's running, unlike the military CB250 I bought, and sold at a profit last year), and, once it's MOT'd and taxed, run it for a bit, and see it I like it/can live with it. The Super Tenere has 69BHP and run's like a train, the CB has 50BHP and is an unknown.....I shall probably sell one or the other later this year, although second hand bike prices are a bit depressed.



Anyway as usual have to dash, should be doing something else, radio stuff, and then there is the Royal Wedding, and the bike to go and collect......although it is Sorned, not MOT'd or insured, and I should be getting the trailer out......

No comments: