Sunday 8 February 2009

Great RE Books and DVD by Paul Grace


I've just finished reading "No Way To Treat A Classic British Motorcycle" by Paul Grace, which was given to me last week for my 50th. It's a great read about how Paul takes a collection of old and donated parts and builds a 1959 framed RE Bullet Scrambler. Then he takes part in a couple of scrambles. Along the way we go to Russia for a great ride on a Ural. Fantastic!

I've also read Paul's "The Classic Motorcyle Diaries" which was a Christmas present, and I have Pauls' DVD of his trip up to the Himalayan snow line on a RE loaned to him by an Indian Enfield Dealer (the same one used by Charlie Boorman On his TV show, By Any Means).

Called "The Long Way Up", Paul's DVD documents his trip on the RE with a new-found Indian friend, with no support vehicles, camera crews etc etc. As much as I like "Long Way Round/Down/Pari-Dakar/By Any Means" etc, this DVD is a refreshing and somewhat spritual trip on a motorcycle. I wish I could try it someday!


Both books and the DVD are well worth having, and can be bought from Paul's website, www.greenlane.biz. At pocket money prices, they make great presents!

No comments: